A new report, by the people at The Crane Survey has recently found that construction in Leeds is at a nine year high.
Other highlights in the report include the fact that 865,000 square feet of office space in Leeds is currently under construction which is over double the amount of 2014.
The report also recognised that Victoria Gate, the £150m retail development that will contain the city’s landmark John Lewis store, is set to open this year.
The report also stated:
2015 was a strong year for Leeds with sustained growth in all sectors. Investors are increasingly looking towards the regions to find better value for their money compared to London and Leeds is now starting to consolidate its position in the northern marketplace.
The key findings show:
- 16 new schemes have started (above the average 12)
- Office construction is at its highest since 2007
- The highest number of new residential starts in 9 years
- Investor increases across all sectors
- Growth in residential development
- Consolidation of Leeds’ position in the northern marketplace