JASON HO FROM SING KEE ORIENTAL SUPERMARKET COOKS CHICKEN KATSU 2 WAY
Chicken Katsu also known as panko chicken, which is basically deep fried chicken fillet coated with panko breadcrumbs. Everyone has heard of Chicken Katsu Curry, but do you know it can also serve as a salad topped Tonkatsu sauce? Tonkatsu sauce is a thick Japanese vegetarian pureed fruit-based brown sauce, or well-seasoned ketchup. If you want to cut down your carbs, this can be your favourite dish.
- 4 skinless chicken breasts, sliced in half horizontally (to make to thin wide pieces)
- 100g plain flour
- Pinch of salt
- Pinch of black pepper
- 2 eggs
- 150g Yutaka panko breadcrumbs
- Bulldog tonkatsu sauce (for Chicken Katsu Salad)
- Lettuce, tomato & cucumber (for Chicken Katsu Salad)
- S&B Golden Curry Medium Hot 92g (for Chicken Katsu Curry)
- Water 540ml (for Chicken Katsu Curry)
- Steamed Rice (for Chicken Katsu Curry)
- Slice chicken breast in half horizontally.
- Dip the halved chicken breasts in flour (seasoned with salt & pepper), then egg, then panko breadcrumbs, making sure to shake off any excess in between.
- Pre-heat fryer to 180 degrees, deep fry chicken for 5 minutes.
- Seat and rest for 5 minutes, then fry again at 220 degrees for 2 minutes
- Chop Chicken Katsu into pieces and top with Tonkatsu Sauce, serve with chopped lettuce, tomato & cucumber. Or
- Chop curry block into fine pieces, mix with water and boil until curry sauce is thickened. Serve with Chicken Katsu and steamed rice.