Discover the best coffee shops in Leeds, from La Bottega Milanese with its authentic Italian beans and pastries, to Humbl Coffee’s community charm and homemade treats. Sociable Folk offers a diverse menu with North Star beans, while 200 Degrees provides a hub for coffee education alongside its Love Affair espresso blend. Kulture Coffee infuses Australian flair into the scene, The Clubhouse caters to business professionals, Opposite Cafe offers a rotating selection of brews, Out of the Woods provides an artisanal retreat, Stage Espresso & Brewbar focuses on single estate coffees, and The Union Coffee House offers vegan treats and local produce. With a vibrant coffee culture and a range of flavors to explore, Leeds is a haven for coffee lovers.
What are the best coffee shops in Leeds?
Discover Leeds’ finest coffee experiences at these top locations:
1. La Bottega Milanese – Authentic Italian coffee with gourmet pastries.
2. Humbl Coffee – Local favorite with homemade treats and a dog-friendly atmosphere.
3. Sociable Folk – Inclusive menu with North Star beans and diverse milk options.
4. 200 Degrees – Barista school and Love Affair espresso blend.
5. Kulture Coffee – Australian flair with personalized bean bags.
6. The Clubhouse – Business district gem with award-winning Players Gold espresso.
7. Opposite Cafe – Rotating selection from top roasters and homemade sweets.
8. Out of the Woods – Artisanal coffee with organic milk and cozy vibes.
9. Stage Espresso & Brewbar – Focus on single estate coffees and community feel.
10. The Union Coffee House – Indie spot with vegan treats and North Star roasted coffee.
12 February 2024
Discovering the Italian Essence at La Bottega Milanese
The Italian love for coffee is deeply rooted and passionately expressed at La Bottega Milanese. La Bottega Milanese offers a quintessential Italian experience in Leeds, with a meticulous selection of 100% specialty grade Arabica beans roasted right in the heart of Yorkshire. Their dedication to quality extends to their patisserie section, tempting patrons with pasteis de nata, rum-infused canelé, and perfectly filled cannoli. The authenticity of the Italian coffee experience is undeniable here, with both Bond Court and Park House branches serving as tributes to Italy’s rich coffee culture.
- La Bottega Milanese, 2 Bond Court, Leeds, West Yorkshire, LS1 2JZ and Park House, 24 Park Square West, Leeds, West Yorkshire, LS1 2PW.
Humbl Coffee’s Community Charm
Humbl Coffee stands as a testament to the vibrant coffee scene in the Leeds suburbs. From an upcycled trailer to a permanent bright blue haven in Meanwood, Humbl has captured the hearts of local coffee enthusiasts. The coffee shop not only serves its own roast but also tempts with a choice of iced brews, hot chocolate, and a selection of savory pastries and home-baked delights, including doughnuts, brownies, and biscuits. Adding to its appeal, Humbl is a dog-friendly establishment that also houses a swap shop for book lovers.
- Humbl Coffee, 38 Monk Bridge Road, Meanwood, Leeds, West Yorkshire, LS6 4ER.
Sociable Folk: A Local Brew with Global Appeal
At Sociable Folk, coffee lovers can taste the expertise of North Star-provided beans crafted by a head barista with a decade of experience. The coffee menu is as inclusive as it is diverse, offering espresso macchiatos, matcha lattes, and a selection of vegan milk alternatives. Sociable Folk is a place where quality, choice, and flavor converge, satisfying both the coffee aficionado and the casual sipper alike.
- Sociable Folk, 10 Wellington Place, Leeds, West Yorkshire, LS1 4JP.
Exploring the Bustling Coffee Culture at 200 Degrees
200 Degrees is more than just a coffee shop; it’s a hub for coffee education, evidenced by the barista school it hosts. The shop’s reputation for excellent coffee is built on its meticulously crafted Love Affair espresso blend, although their menu frequently features guest batches. Complementing the coffee experience, patrons can enjoy a range of sandwiches, breakfasts, and pastries throughout the day in this conveniently located coffee haven.
- 200 Degrees, 31 Bond Street, Leeds, West Yorkshire, LS1 5BQ.
The Unique Australian Flair of Kulture Coffee
Kulture Coffee infuses Leeds’ coffee scene with a touch of Australian flair, courtesy of Jake Gilmour, who brings his Sydney coffee experience to Burley. The coffee shop delights customers with a variety of brews made from the finest beans sourced from around the world. Not only does Kulture offer an array of brewing equipment for the at-home barista, but it also provides the opportunity to personalize a bag of their beans, making for a perfect gift.
- Kulture Coffee, 380 Kirkstall Road, Leeds, West Yorkshire, LS4 2HQ.
The Clubhouse: Where Business and Pleasure Mix
In the heart of Leeds’ business district, The Clubhouse Coffee offers a daily dose of award-winning coffee. The espresso, a fudge, red berry, and chocolate blend named Players Gold, comes from the skilled roasters at Cuppers Choice. Alongside their staple, The Clubhouse frequently introduces guest brews and sells a variety of beans and coffee-related merchandise. Pairing your coffee with their culinary offerings, such as charcuterie, sandwiches, and brunch classics, completes the Clubhouse experience.
- The Clubhouse, 8a St Paul’s Street, Leeds, West Yorkshire, LS1 2LE.
Opposite Cafe: A Haven for Coffee Discoveries
Opposite Cafe is a treasure for coffee enthusiasts, boasting two locations that offer a rotating selection of brews from North Star and Grumpy Mule, among others. With each visit, patrons embark on a coffee-based journey of discovery, complemented by an assortment of sweet treats, including homemade Chelsea buns and vegan mini loaves, depending on the baker’s inspiration that day.
- Opposite Cafe, 26 Back Blenheim Street, Leeds, West Yorkshire, LS2 9HD. Cup and Saucer by Opposite, 4 Steinbeck Lane, Chapel Allerton, Leeds, West Yorkshire, LS7 3QY.
Out of the Woods: A Rustic Retreat with Artisanal Flair
Out of the Woods offers a rustic yet charming café environment where patrons can enjoy Dark Woods Roasters’ aromatic beans paired with organic milk from Acorn Dairy. The café’s dual locations in Water Lane and Granary Wharf provide a cozy atmosphere to savor coffee and contemplate the day ahead. Whether it’s breakfast granola or a hearty CAWA Bakery pastry, Out of the Woods caters to both the virtuous and indulgent tastes of Leeds’ coffee aficionados.
- Out of the Woods, 2 Waterman’s Place, Leeds, West Yorkshire, LS1 4GL & 113 Water Lane, Leeds, West Yorkshire, LS11 5WD.
Stage Espresso & Brewbar: A Stage for Single Estate Coffees
Stage Espresso & Brewbar might be petit, but its offerings are anything but small. With a focus on single estate coffees from renowned roasters, Stage Espresso is a haven for coffee purists. The shop also features a variety of batch brews sourced from esteemed names like Cairngorm Coffee Co and Roundhill Roastery. The friendly resident dog adds a touch of warmth to the atmosphere, making this café a community favorite.
- Stage Espresso & Brewbar, 41 Great George Street, Leeds, West Yorkshire, LS1 3BB.
Uniting Coffee Lovers at The Union Coffee House
The Union Coffee House is a cozy, indie coffee shop that serves as a sanctuary for coffee lovers and a purveyor of vegan delights. Upon entering, the aroma of North Star roasted coffee fills the air, and the sight of homemade vegan bakes tempts the palate. The Union Coffee House exemplifies the seamless blend of community, quality coffee, and local produce that characterizes Leeds’ vibrant coffee culture.
- The Union Coffee House, 51 Great George Street, Leeds, West Yorkshire, LS1 3BB.
With a plethora of options for every coffee enthusiast, Leeds continues to foster a thriving coffee scene, enriched by local expertise and global influences. Each café and roaster in the city contributes to a tapestry of tastes and experiences, ensuring that whether you’re seeking a familiar favorite or a new discovery, Leeds’ coffee shops are primed to provide.
- Leeds has a vibrant coffee scene with a range of coffee shops to choose from.
- La Bottega Milanese offers authentic Italian coffee and pastries in two locations in Leeds.
- Humbl Coffee is a local favorite with homemade treats and a dog-friendly atmosphere.
- Sociable Folk serves a diverse menu with North Star beans and offers a selection of vegan milk alternatives.
- 200 Degrees is a hub for coffee education and serves their Love Affair espresso blend.