Celebrate the life and legacy of a true acid house warrior, Duncan Michael Wilson, known to many as DJ Despo. Every year on his birthday, friends, family, and musical companions gather to remember him and raise money for charity in his honor, following his tragic passing due to testicular cancer in March 2013.
Going for Gold: An Unfulfilled Dream
Before his untimely death, Duncan had planned to host a gold-themed party, which sadly never materialized. In his memory, the event’s attendees have taken up the golden baton, throwing a party bursting with acid house gold style. Proceeds from this annual celebration support Macmillan Cancer Support West Yorkshire, who provided invaluable assistance to Duncan’s family and friends during his battle with cancer and beyond.
Dress Code: Embrace the Theme
To fully immerse yourself in the spirit of the event, come dressed in your finest gold attire or anything that represents the acid house gold theme. Let’s create a vibrant atmosphere in honor of DJ Despo.
Can’t Attend? You Can Still Donate
If you’re unable to join the festivities, you can still contribute to the cause by donating at the following link:
Learn more about Macmillan Cancer Support:
Event Details: Dancing for Despo (Part 1)
The party in honor of DJ Despo will kick off at Distrikt Bar, Leeds, from 8 pm to 2 am. The event features a lineup of talented DJs, including:
- Adam Shelton (One Records / Below Daytime)
- Tristan da Cunha (MLIU/ Dungeon Meat / Back To Basics)
- PBR Streetgang (We Love / 2020 Vision Recordings / Futureboogie Recordings)
- Fren Chy (Back to Basics / Disco Till I Die)
- Adam Ross (Tpot)
- Jon Ny Wren (Below / Innercircle)
Remembering DJ Despo
Revisit the sounds of DJ Despo at the following links:
Acknowledgements: Community Support
This event wouldn’t be possible without the contributions and support of various individuals and organizations:
- Artwork Design: Nick Gundill
- Event Décor: Paul Rutherford and team at Three Create
- Artwork and Event Banner Printing: Michael Maginess at Resource
- Event Visuals: Katherine Lacey
- Event Decor Construction: Benjamin Maddison
- Film and Photography: Adam Digdeep McLoughlin and crew at Digdeep.TV
- Press Management: Rob Chadwick at Jukebox Media
- Flyer Distribution: Thomas Buxey at FYI Marketing / Sorted Media
Join us for a night of unforgettable memories and golden moments as we dance and honor the life of DJ Despo, all while supporting a worthy cause.