The Electric Press in Leeds is a must-visit in 2024 for its eclectic mix of cultural, culinary, and entertainment experiences. From nostalgic music and brunch at Playroom’s Back When Brunch to axe-throwing excitement at Whistle Punks, there are seven compelling reasons to make The Electric Press your next destination.
Why should you visit The Electric Press in Leeds in 2024?
The Electric Press in Leeds is a must-visit in 2024 for its eclectic mix of cultural, culinary, and entertainment experiences. Here are seven reasons to go:
- Nostalgic music and brunch at Playroom’s Back When Brunch.
- Authentic Mediterranean cuisine at Tavernaki, featuring acclaimed souvlaki.
- Cocktail making masterclasses at Revolution for bespoke drink crafting.
- Axe-throwing excitement at Whistle Punks for an adrenaline-pumping activity.
- Live comedy nights at Carriageworks Theatre offering fresh and spontaneous laughter.
- Exotic Sichuan and Beijing flavors at Red Chilli for a true Chinese culinary journey.
- Daily Happy Hour at Be At One, with an extensive cocktail menu and two-for-one deals.
Leeds, a city with a rich cultural tapestry and a bustling nightlife, is home to The Electric Press, a venue that offers an array of experiences to cater to all tastes. As we look towards 2024, there are many reasons why this destination should be on your radar for your next outing. Here are seven compelling reasons to visit The Electric Press in the heart of Leeds.
A Party with Nostalgia at Playroom
The Electric Press houses the Playroom, where weekends come alive with the Back When Brunch. This event is not just about food; it’s a cultural rewind to the golden days of music. “Expect to be transported back in time with old skool R&B, club classics, garage, funky house, and disco,” promises the venue. For £37.50 per person, you can enjoy a sharing platter and 90 minutes of bottomless drinks, available at various times on Saturdays. The allure of singing along to nostalgic hits makes Playroom’s brunch a unique blend of dining and entertainment.
- Back When Brunch: A fusion of dining and classic tunes.
- Bottomless drinks: For an immersive party experience.
- Nostalgic vibes: Relive the music of the noughties.
Tavernaki’s Authentic Mediterranean Flavours
For those seeking a taste of the Mediterranean, Tavernaki offers an authentic Greek and Cypriot culinary adventure. Renowned for its souvlaki, the establishment ensures each skewer, whether it’s chicken, pork, or halloumi, is marinated and grilled to perfection, served with traditional sides like pita, chips, and tzatziki. The warm atmosphere coupled with these delightful dishes earns Tavernaki accolades and repeat visits. “Ultra-authentic Greek and Cypriot food” is not just a statement, it’s a promise to patrons in search of a culinary holiday in the heart of Leeds.
- Souvlaki: A centerpiece of Tavernaki’s menu.
- Authentic experience: Feel the warmth of Mediterranean hospitality.
- Repeat visits: Customers can’t get enough of the authentic dishes.
Revolutionise Your Drinks at Revolution
Revolution has become synonymous with cocktail crafting, and at The Electric Press, their expertise is on full display. With masterclasses on offer, visitors can delve into the art of mixology, learning to create their favourite cocktails. “After you’ve muddled a mean Mojito and perfected the Porn Star Martini, it’s time to dig into a feast, Revs-style,” reads the brochure, highlighting the blend of learning and indulgence at Revolution. The experience caters to groups ranging from eight to 30 individuals, making it perfect for diverse gatherings.
- Cocktail Masterclass: A mixology adventure.
- Group bookings: From intimate gatherings to large parties.
- Expert bartenders: Learn from those who know best.
Whistle Punks’ Axe-throwing Thrills
Say goodbye to standard fare entertainment and hello to the exhilarating world of axe throwing at Whistle Punks. This venue brings a twist to your social outings by offering a Viking-like experience. Under the guidance of skilled instructors, guests are given 70 minutes to master the art of axe throwing. “It’s harder than it looks, but once you nail that first bullseye you’ll be on cloud nine,” ensures the venue. It’s an activity that promises not just fun, but also the satisfaction of learning a new skill, followed by the camaraderie of sharing stories over drinks and pizza.
- Axe-throwing experience: A test of skill and precision.
- Expert guidance: Learn from capable instructors.
- Post-game socializing: Unwind in the bar with pizza and pints.
Comedy Nights at Carriageworks Theatre
Dedicated to a wide array of performances, the Carriageworks Theatre is not only a landmark of culture but also a hub of laughter. The bi-monthly comedy nights, running on the third Friday every second month, feature the improvisational talent of The Discount Comedy Checkout. “All of the characters, scenarios and situations are created from audience suggestions,” the program notes, ensuring each night is uniquely hilarious. With guest comedians gracing the stage, it’s a place where you can expect the unexpected, making every visit a fresh experience.
- Improvisational comedy: Spontaneity at its best.
- Bi-monthly event: Regular opportunities for laughter.
- Guest comedians: A showcase of diverse comedic talent.
Sichuan Delights at Red Chilli
Red Chilli prides itself on offering an authentic Chinese dining experience, focusing on Beijing and Sichuan cuisine. This restaurant is dedicated to serving dishes that titillate the taste buds and satisfy the soul. Starting with hot & sour soup, moving on to Xiaolongbao dumplings, and culminating in the spicy and aromatic Mapo Tofu, the culinary journey at Red Chilli is both exotic and comforting. “Wash it down with a bottle of wine from an epic selection,” suggests the menu, rounding out a dining experience that caters to all senses.
- Specialised cuisine: Emphasis on Beijing and Sichuan dishes.
- Varied menu: From soup to dumplings to tofu.
- Comprehensive wine list: Perfect pairings for every meal.
Daily Happy Hour at Be At One
If cocktails are your calling, Be At One at The Electric Press is a paradise with a menu boasting over 100 concoctions. This venue doesn’t just serve drinks; it celebrates them with a daily Happy Hour. Patrons can enjoy their favourites, from tropical frozen Piña Coladas to the classic Old Fashioned, or get a jolt from an Espresso Martini. With the added delight of two-for-one offerings during Happy Hour, Be At One ensures that every visit is both merry and economical.
- Extensive cocktail menu: Over 100 choices.
- Happy Hour: Daily deals on the wide selection.
- Drink variety: From tropical to traditional to caffeinated.
The Electric Press invites locals and visitors alike to immerse themselves in its diverse offerings, ensuring that there’s something for everyone. Whether it’s for the food, the drinks, the entertainment, or the arts, a visit to this iconic Leeds venue is destined to be memorable.
- The Electric Press in Leeds offers a mix of cultural, culinary, and entertainment experiences.
- Playroom’s Back When Brunch at The Electric Press offers nostalgic music and brunch.
- Tavernaki at The Electric Press serves authentic Mediterranean cuisine, featuring souvlaki.
- Revolution at The Electric Press offers cocktail making masterclasses.
- Whistle Punks at The Electric Press offers axe-throwing excitement.