Recipe of the Month
THIS MONTH JASON HO FROM SING KEE ORIENTAL SUPERMARKET RECIPE IS
GYU DON, A JAPANESE BEEF DISH
- 340g Fresh Asia Beef Slices
- 1 White Onion
- 2 Tbsp Kikkoman All-purpose Soy Sauce
- 2 Tbsp Kikkoman Mirin
- 2 Tbsp Kikkoman Sake
- 2 Tsp Sugar
- 1 Tsp Dashi Powder
- 1 Tbs Vegetable oil
- 1 Green onion and Pickled ginger for garnish
1. Heat the vegetable oil in a large frying pan over a medium-high heat and add the onion. Sweat (not fry) the onions until soft and tender.
2. Add the meat to the pan along with the sugar, cook until the meat is no longer pink.
3. Add sake, mirin, Dashi, and soy sauce to the pan. Stir thoroughly and cook for another minute. Reduce the heat and simmer for 4-5 minutes.
4. Place the beef on top of a bowl of steamed rice, spoon over 1-2 Tbsp of the pan sauce. Garnish the dish with green onion and pickled ginger before serving.